About CRM&HA, Inc.
CRM&HA's mission is to promote understanding and enjoyment of railroad heritage in America, particularly in the Carolinas. We maintain a 12 ft x 24 ft modular HO scale layout which is exhibited at several events per year, host an annual 2-day train show in Upstate South Carolina, and are in the process creating a model railroad museum in Central. The museum includes a large dual-level HO layout, a "heritage" layout in classic toy train scales, and a garden layout is planned. Our annual train show is held each year in February.
- 2014 Train Show (TBA)
- Saturday, Feb. 1, 2014 - 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014 - Noon - 5 p.m.
Bagwell Gymnasium, J.B. Owens Sports Complex
111 Walker Way, Easley, SC 29642.
Click here for details
- 2014 Railroad Festival - April 26, 2014
- Central Railway Museum - Trains are now running! The museum is now open 9AM to noon on the second Saturday of each month. Work crews are generally present on other Saturdays, but will probably not be running trains. Feel free to call ahead if you want make sure that we are there.
- CRM&HA members manned the Central Railway Museum and FUNction Junction, as well as conducting caboose tours and assisting with the train rides during the 2012 Central Railroad Festival, held April 28. This year's festival was a success, thanks to great weather and a huge turnout of festival-goers.
- The 2012 Train Show took place February 4 fand 5 in Bagwell Gymnasium at the J.B. Owens Sports Complex, was another successful event, drawing visitors of all ages.
- CRM&HA Inc. has tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your donations to support the Central Railway Museum may now be tax deductible, including retroactively to our filing date of September 10, 2008. Please contact treasurer Bob Folsom or museum curator Jack Green for details about making a donation.
Membership and meetings
Membership is open to modelers of all scales and all experience levels as well as railfans. Business meetings are conducted on the first Thursday of each month at 7:15PM and are open to the public. Following each meeting is an educational presentation on railroads or modeling. Museum work sessions are held most Saturdays and Thursdays.
The Education Program of the CRM&HA currently consists of three components: educating CRM&HA members, educating model railroaders and educating the public.