About CRM&HA, Inc.
CRM&HA's mission is to promote understanding and enjoyment of railroad heritage in America, particularly in the Carolinas. We maintain a 12 ft x 24 ft modular HO scale layout which is exhibited at several events per year, host an annual 2-day train show in Upstate South Carolina, and are in the process creating a model railroad museum in Central. The museum includes a large dual-level HO layout, a "heritage" layout in classic toy train scales, and a garden layout is planned. Our annual train show is held each year in February.
- 2014 Train Show
February 1 fand 2
Bagwell Gymnasium at the J.B. Owens Sports Complex, Easley, S.C.
Details are coming soon!
- Central Railway Museum - Trains are now running! The museum is now open 9AM to noon on the second Saturday of each month. Work crews are generally present on other Saturdays, but will probably not be running trains. Feel free to call ahead if you want make sure that we are there.
- Thanks to the efforts of CRM&HA members, the Central Railway Museum and FUNction Junction were hits with visitors to the 2013 Railroad Festival April 27. FUNction Junction provided hands-on fun for youngsters and a tour of the newly-expanded portable layout. Despite the rain, the museum continued to host visitors in record numbers.
- The Central Railway Museum was featured March 26 on WSPA's Your Carolina. This video promotes the 2013 Central Railroad Festival.
- The 2013 Train Show, taking place February 2 fand 3 in Bagwell Gymnasium at the J.B. Owens Sports Complex, was another successful event, drawing visitors of all ages.
- CRM&HA Inc. has tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your donations to support the Central Railway Museum may now be tax deductible, including retroactively to our filing date of September 10, 2008. Please contact treasurer Bob Folsom or museum curator Jack Green for details about making a donation.
Membership and meetings
Membership is open to modelers of all scales and all experience levels as well as railfans. Business meetings are conducted on the first Thursday of each month at 7:15PM and are open to the public. Following each meeting is an educational presentation on railroads or modeling. Museum work sessions are held most Saturdays and Thursdays.